FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Severe Peanut Allergy
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:28 pm
BigDawg23

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BostonBound
Well, Delta... You have done it again. I am a frequent flyer with a peanut allergy. I don't often fly delta due to them serving peanuts on their flights. However, this past week the flight was so cheap I chose Delta. The delta policy states that if you notify the airline in advance they will not serve peanuts on the plane... Spoke with them on the phone a week before so they could mark my profile, checked in with the gate agent to confirm my ticket, and then also mentioned it to the flight attendants. Well, the person in front of me was asked "peanuts, cookies, or pretzels." I got up out of my seat to tell the flight attendant, and got yelled at that the seatbelt sign was still on. They are damn lucky I didn't have a reaction...

You've lost my business. And I hope many others.
Sorry you had an this issue. It sucks to have any allergy and that people cant be nice about it.

Just wondering, did they announce in the gate area or once the plane boarded? In the last month I have three flights, that DL announced in the Gate Area and also on the plane that peanuts were not going to be served. When I had a layover on in SLC, there was an announcement that Flights to PDX, GEG, and DTW all leaving close to the same time each had a peanut allergy on board.