FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Compensation Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2016, 1:06 pm
HohoGAP

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
ATL-JNB

Flight delayed 3 1/2 hours on board due to mechanical problems. Finally deplaned and sat in the boarding area for nearly another 2 hours before the flight was "cancelled" and rescheduled for 11 AM in the morning. SkyClub closed by this time. Taxi voucher and downtown hotel voucher were all that were finally given out. Taxis available would not take voucher (was informed it was only good on Checker cabs and none available at midnight). No clothes as I checked a bag, and no food or other voucher. Did depart the following morning and my hotel first night prepaid in Sandton was lost. Otherwise a fun trip.

Compensation offered: 20,000 miles

When I received this compensation offer, I was unimpressed to say the least, given that it was the mechanical problem that significantly delayed the trip. After complaining in several emails that the compensation was inadequate, I received an email that provided a link to a $150 Delta or other merchant voucher. Was pacified until I found out they RETRACTED the 20,000 miles! Several phone calls and emails led nowhere, so wrote RA with the complaint. So far, no code for the $150 e-cert has been received, nor have the miles been re-deposited.