FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA carry on / carryon baggage rules & enforcement (master thd)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:35 am
AATrout

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Seriously.

Not that I am going to tattle, or report, or make an issue...

In fact I tried a search and couldnt find the answer (poor choice of search terms I am sure). I did find posts about WHERE crews can store their bags, but nothing on limits.

Is it a 'perk' or do FAs and crew have a different limit? I seem to recall they get some kind of allowance for 'flight manuals', but not sure how that translates into bag counts or bag sizes.

Oh, a relative was an FA for years, married to a pilot. Even though I am a 'carry on only' packer, their ability to travel light was breathtaking...
Their stuff is usually (but not always) in one of the lockers. Size is pretty much in line with our pax limits but if you mean bag counts = more than 2 that's pretty common. No big deal to me unless it's a crew member commuting, but even the extra bags are as a rule pretty small. If I boarded late and I was forced to check a compliant bag because the overhead was crammed with crew stuff that should be under the seat then it would be a big deal I guess. I just haven't experienced that yet.