FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:33 am
FrancisA

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by flatlander
LHR-OSL on some dates in June, for example seems to have exactly the same fares today as it did when I booked a flight there on about 6 March. Certainly, this doesn't look like the mass revenue grab from a captive customer base that "BA enhances short haul fares" could lead one to think.
It sounds to me as if BA have combined the roll out of the new fare model with a number of relatively small price changes on some routes. These would probably have happened anyway and are not a direct consequence of the new structure.

I imagine administratively it is easier to file changes in base price on selected routes at the same time as you file wholesale changes to all routes. It is also more customer friendly to do this at one go rather than have ever changing prices.

As long as BA keeps its prices competitive, I view this as positive and welcome the added flexibility for my normal with luggage fares. Shame CE misses out on this.

Last edited by FrancisA; Mar 10, 2016 at 9:45 am