FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:54 am
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by littlefish
The clever thing, if you will, is illustrated for me on the VIE route. There is only one Gatwick flight, but 5 or 6 from Heathrow. I do not need the flexibility going out but it seems I must pay for it if I want it coming back (bar splitting in to two singles). And technically, LGW is now more expensive than it was but I actually won't get any more flexibility as no 2nd flight!
That's a good point and something I thought about earlier. If you're flying from an airport that only has one flight a day (or maybe every other day!) the increased flexibility on the day is pretty irrelevant.

What is important to me (as someone who doesn't really care where I sit nor need check in a bag) is price on the HBO fare...and that has gone up on my main route. If BA are making an extra 9 EUR on every ticket, that's a hefty profit going their way.