FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:42 am
JB7

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Indeed it seems there has been such a thing as a free lunch for the moment .. no obvious downsides that I can see .. seems to be a genuine enhancement .. I had definitely expected they would be putting a bigger price gap in between HBO and the rest, but for now at least that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not sure that I agree with this.

Based on my (albeit small) sample size on a UK domestic route it appears that there have been increases in both the base HBO fare and the price difference between HBO and WCB.

As it is undoubtedly more comprehensive than my own I'll stick to quoting C-W-S's research from up-thread on the non-LGW routes. From that the base fare on at least that route has increased ~17% (GBP46 to 54). The average HBO-WCB difference seems to be 27% (Average increase of GBP2.70 based on the difference before the changes as being GBP10, which was what I always recall seeing it as on the routes I took. Am willing to be corrected on that though as my sample size isn't large).

Therefore I think the saying still stands as taken together these increases would indeed buy a light lunch, while even taken separately you could get a significant quantity of the lemon biscuits!