FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:35 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
HIE - Clark's Quay, Singapore

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire (Royal Ambassador)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Neutral experience overall

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked :-
At reception checked before booking.
Informed that if I now booked standard I'd get twin bedded room not queen. Was going to not bother and instead goto HI Atrium, when reception offered Accessible Room which had Queen bed.

How are the rooms?
Small even by HIE standards. Queen bed up against side and back wall, so can only get in from one side. 2 foot (60cm) gap at side of bed with bedside table and storage closset partition wall. As such no usual small table and chair most HIEs have.
Disabled room xx01 is end of floor and slightly wider, extra 1m at end of bed. Largeish TV on wall, plenty of channels.
Room itself pleaseantly decorated, in good condition as expected with hotel only 3years old.

Other side of wall is a shower only bathroom. Being a disabled room was open floor wetroom, no idea if standard rooms are open floors or have shower cubicals.

Room itself was pleaseant and quiet, bed was comfy and I slept well

HIE included usual buffet breakfast which whilst nothing special, was upto spec/scratch for an HIE offering

What was good and what was bad?

Good
+ Only 7min walk to Clarkes Quay and Brewerkz that I wanted to visit
+ Comfy and Quiet room, I slept well

Neutral
o breakfast restaurant layout, apart from a few tables in food area, you sit miles away, a real pain
o only one coffee machine for white coffee (they have another that does black w/o milk coffee)

Bad
- bottle neck queuing for coffees at only one coffee machine
- white coffee m/c breaks and cant be fixed SO no coffee for beakfast
- WORSE same error (no coffee beans) has occurred before (multiple times)
SO why the heck has the HIE not purchase a 2nd white coffee machine!

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club points?
o My rate was s$205++ Some nights the IC is only s$218++, so HIE not always value
o Nearby HI Atrium same night was s$195++ but wrong direction for me as further away from Clarkes Quay and Brewerkz

Would you return?
Due to rooms and beds against 2walls, I will only return on solo occupancy stays, and not for multinight stays.