FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning - Check your Iberia ticket before entering your BAEC number!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:54 am
CaroFos

Programs: BA Gold
Warning - Check your Iberia ticket before entering your BAEC number!

I hope this is in the right place as it relates to BAEC but mods feel free to move to the Iberia forum if deemed more relevant.

Anyhow, I just booked my daughter a one way ticket on Iberia to come back to London in the summer and having completed the booking I went into the reservation to add her BAEC number. I did this but it showed an error. I then noticed her surname is entered twice (and it's double barrelled!)

Called straight away to ask to amend it and was told no problem but then the agent came back and said because I had entered the BAEC number she was unable to make an amendment.

She tried to remove the number (at my request) to see if it would then allow her to amend but 'computer said no!'

The agent said this happens often and she would be fine travelling on that ticket but as she's on her own, I'm not particularly happy about her having a potential issue.. So I said OK, do I have 24 hour cooling off - YES - Ok then I cancel the ticket and start again..

The agent started to process the cancellation and then came back and said there would be a Euro 30 charge!! (ticket is only 82 Euros) ... this is all happening within 10 minutes of me making the booking.

I seriously don't understand why the BAEC number should render the booking unable to be fiddled with and I am not sure if the euro 30 charge is because of the BAEC number or if they would charge anyhow?

Anyhow, I am sharing to warn others to check very carefully when these horrible auto-fill forms take over without you noticing!!

I've left it that the agent is writing an email to the back office but it will apparently take 48 hours to reply! (out of cooling off) .. so looks like I will have to let her travel on a ticket with an error and hope for the best but I will be worrying about it - especially as she doesn't speak Spanish!

I probably should just pay the euro 30 for peace of mind but I'm afraid my 'justice' hat is firmly stuck on my head!