FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spirit Cancels Flight - Makes Passengers Wait 9 Days for Next Flight
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:01 pm
segall2

Thumbs down Spirit Cancels Flight - Makes Passengers Wait 9 Days for Next Flight

Community,

I had to share a miserable experience I had this evening with Spirit Airlines. I was scheduled to fly them from IAH - LAS on Spirit Flight 199 departing at 8:45pm and arriving at 9:56pm.

Upon arrival to the airport, there were some minor delays due to weather, but no airline had canceled flights and you could hear flights taking off and landing. All for Spirit - who cancelled all flights and told us they could not re-book us until March 17 - 9 days later. Spirit blamed the cancellations on weather, yet every other airline was departing and arriving without issues.

There were dozens of passengers stranded - unable to get home for 9 days. They were told that because it was weather, there was nothing they could do or were responsible for.

I can't begin to express how frustrated I am with Spirit. Never have I been so heated. And all customer service could do was offer refunds, flight credits or have you wait 9 days. NINE days - absurd!

If anybody has any connections at Spirit, I would love to speak to a higher up manager at corporate about this as this is just unacceptable. Carriers should not be allowed to take advantage of passengers like this.