FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:36 am
PayItForward

I had an opposite experience. My second stay was supposed to be "incredible" as my earlier stay had a major issue. In my first stay, I prepaid a penthouse room and was told I was upgraded at check-in Turns out I was actually downgraded by 2 category instead. Only discovered that I was misled after the stay. Some emails later, I was told I will get an upgrade to the Caroline Suite should I return. No compensation on the downgrade. Just a better room on my next visit. I did like the property so returned I did. Kept them informed in advance when I would be there. Check in was a mess, I was ignored and FD attended to others who came later. When I was finally acknowledged, I did not get the Suite as promised. I asked for the manager and I got my room. No apologies and no acknowledgement of the screw up. After stay survey was ignored too. Will unlikely return and go for Westin or Sheraton instead. There is no bespoke service here. I did not bother emailing them after the 2nd stay since the survey was not responded to. Obviously they do not bother and that on a stay that was supposed to make up for a mistake.