FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flits of Fear for Frequent Fliers...
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:06 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pinniped:
- Anytime the pilot has to do a go-around. This happens to me about once a year, and the pilot always comes over the PA and tells us that the guy ahead of us took too long getting off the runway. I have this paranoid fear of one pilot feeding us a story while the other tries to fix some awful problem. (Of course, we always go around and land the 2nd time just fine.)</font>
When returning from New York with my Mum we were just about to touch down at LHR when I noticed the throttle power increase and the plane start to climb again. We banked round to the north and it was about three minutes or so before the captain came over the PA system.

Things like this don't really bother me, I'll fly BA223 after all the terrorist warnings and all that, but to some people in the cabin they seemed genuinely frightened by the pilots explanation of why we didn't land the first time round