FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyards no longer include breakfast for Platinum's?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:23 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should assume that Courtyard does not give breakfast and be happy if it's otherwise.

I got a continental (not hot) free breakfast at the Courtyard Aguadilla on the western end of Puerto Rico, as a Platinum.

At the Courtyard Anaheim Resort Convention Center, while they don't call it a free breakfast, as a Plat in addition to my welcome points they give me one free item from the pantry. Sometimes the very same yogurt parfait that's one of the breakfast choices in the Bistro is available that evening in the pantry, and I can take it as my free item, put it in the mini-fridge in the room, and have a free breakfast the next morning (but only if the pantry hasn't run out of those by the time I check in, and only on a 1-night stay or on the first night of a multi-night stay).

Other than that, i have never yet run into another Courtyard with a free breakfast of any sort. Free breakfasts for Plats/Golds at Courtyards are the exception (and not a dependable exception in many cases), rather than a rule, and most of the exceptions appear to be outside the USA.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 7, 2016 at 7:27 pm Reason: clarifying that free breakfast at CY Aguadilla was status-based