FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United cares more about E+ Revenue or families?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:36 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Except you have a GA posting upthread that it's not a foregone conclusion that that will work out...
I think you've read too much into that post. It came from a GA, who wants to make it clear that a GA is not all-powerful, and there's a chance that it will have to be sorted out on the plane if the GA is unable to resolve the issue.

IRROPS happen all the time, families get separated all the time. I have never once heard a report of a baby sitting apart from it's parents. I'm sure that story would be all over the place if it ever happened.

You need to read between the lines on this story. The OP is clearly not telling us everything. He's been asked several times to fill in some missing details, and hasn't done so, even though he's posted after those questions were posed several times. His solution to IRROPS splitting his seats was to buy an E+ subscription.

IMO, the baby and the seat split were convenient reasons to try to get free E+ seats. I may be wrong. But in any case, this seems to have very little to do with the baby sitting apart from parents, since that problem was resolved for the OP, and the vast experience of frequent fliers suggests that scenario is next to impossible.

Last edited by JBord; Mar 7, 2016 at 8:21 am Reason: grammar