FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest way to get from Stockholm to ARN airport?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:25 am
IceTrojan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by chunky649
I've completed my ARN portion of the trip and just wanted to add some note to make this thread complete and more useful to future searchers:

STOCKHOLM C is attached to the T-CENTRAL T-bana station. The #36 train platform is about at least a brisk 5-7 walk.

The frequency of the #36 train is about once every 20 minutes (confirm when you go!) and the ride takes ~45 minutes from STOCKHOLM C to Märsta. The #583 bus frequency is ~every 15 minutes. The bus ride takes 10-15 minutes to the airport.

At the airport, you can buy the ticket from the many tourist INFO offices. I think there are automated machines as well. The INFO offices take credit card.

Alternatively, if you don't need a public transit ticket, or are in a hurry, the train (Arlanda Express) takes only 20 minutes. There are several bus services that cost ~$100sek. Some are as low as $85sek.
Excellent, thanks for recapping your experience... I for one appreciate it (as well as the others' feedback)