FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] J PEN-YVR $1758CDN o/w One World and friends. F option available.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:35 pm
Guava
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I don't know your timeframe, but AirAsia typically has very nicely priced one-ways from REP to PEN via KUL (~ USD 50 all-in). During our one-and-only visit to Penang, we really enjoyed the Seven Terraces hotel in George Town (and had a very nice dinner in their Kebaya restaurant).
I wouldn't touch AirAsia if I were you. It too had a major accident last year though some people may have forgot already. Despite the twin tragedies, MH is still very much a safe airline given that it has passed pretty much all the internationally recognized tests for safety and continue to maintain a solid safety rating and record. AirAsia, on the other hand, is being cited for many safety concerns and especially its subsidiary in Indonesia, not recommended for anyone who value their lives to fly.

I flew MH multiple times, internationally and within Malaysia, late last year and can only say that it is a very average airline so I don't understand how it got 5 stars Skytrax rating before the MH 370 incident. CX/KA to me, offers much superior regional business class products than MH.

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 15, 2016 at 11:24 am Reason: Remove deleted quote