FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:43 am
LinaLee

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
It was such a great day (as always!)

QF WP is so humble, but in my view he does such a wonderful job every year, and this year more than most it's been harder for him personally, and to get it all sorted (with assistance from JessicaTam and others) has been great and SO appreciated by those of us able to go.

FOr me the catering tour was REALLY interesting and not fully what I expected (specially the main food cooking area which was.. small lol). I loved learning the whole story to see it from strip down of the carts, cleaning, to bringing the food in, weighing and prep to the specific item "formulas" then cooking, plating and loading back to the carts to be taken away. The measures to go to prevent insects, dirt and other contamination getting into the building and so on to be really interesting and certainly gives confidence when eating those (so so) meals on board

and of course there was that entire rack of lindt balls....

then the team at BNE QC who looked after our large and loud group were simply fantastic - from brief chats with the managers to the absolutely glorious staff (Chantal for one who looked after our little group amongst others) were simply fantastic and geat ambassadors for customer service, QF and really did seem to enjoy interacting with us. Sure they went out of their way to provide somewhat better than the normal lounge fare (those choritzo hot dogs were great!) but it was such a lovely afternoon with conversations, stories and good times.

And already teasers for next year and maybe 2018... will be booking the weekend sooner rather than later

thanks again everyone for such a great day!

and remember "Why go direct when you can connect?!"
Thanks for expressing this so well. My thoughts exactly. Why don't we get Lindt balls and M&M chocolate? Why do I always get the couscous inspired dishes and not those we saw on the tour????

Big thanks to QF WP for the organising ^

And thanks to everyone who was there, I really enjoyed meeting new friends.

Yeah, "why go direct when you can connect" . I'll try to remember that.

Can't wait for the next one