FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 0% Ripoff
Thread: 0% Ripoff
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:25 am
gejone

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
0% Ripoff

I didn't find a thread about this issue, so I'll my recent experience. In Dec. 2015 I received a 0% cash advance offer with a one time 2% fee, good for about 18 months. I called customer service and was advised I could continue to use my card for new purchases and if they were paid off each month there would be no additional interest. WRONG. There is a small monthly payment required on the 0% portion and I paid that in February, that's OK. I then charged about $6,000 in purchases and paid the same amount within February. I was just billed $56.45 for interest on the new charges. After a long conversation, to include the supervisor, I found out there is no way to avoid interest on the new charges. If I make a charge and pay the same amount the same day, the payment goes to the 0% balance as the charge would not have posted to the account. There is no grace period since I have the 0% advance. So they made about $150 on merchant fees plus another $56 on my fee. No more. That card goes into the desk until the 0% balance is paid off. Hopefully this will help others understand what the fine print really means.