FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:56 am
Finagler

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Now that I have started thinking about the change/cancel fee waiver with Premium card, I have a scenario to run by the people in this forum. While I fly on Virgin America a lot, I hardly ever cancel a flight completely, so I have no idea if this would work. As I understand it, once I cancel a ticket, the funds would go to my Travel Bank. If I then booked a future flight using the funds in my Travel Bank, I would NOT have the privilege of changing or cancelling that flight without incurring a fee. But, if I had instead changed that original flight to a different flight of approximately the same cost as many months out as I could find, could I theoretically keep pushing the date of that flight further back repeatedly until I actually used the value of that flight? That way the funds would never hit my Travel Bank, and I would never purchase a flight with funds that are not free of change/cancel fees, right?