FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:11 pm
Dsnow0819

Originally Posted by BobR
I wouldn't consider this as a place to avoid, most of the concern noted here is that the hotel does not provide service that is worthy of PH prices. The two times I have stayed here I thought the service was fine (but I didn't ask much of them). If you think you are paying a reasonable price then I am confident you will have a better stay here than at the Holiday Inn Rosemont (or the nearby Weston, or the Drake, or the HR or the HMM....).
I agree. I've stayed here 4-5 times and don't have anything bad to say about the service. I've been upgraded to the Gold Coast Suite on a plain C&P stay and they had a great cake with balloons and flowers for my wife's birthday last year. The service isn't world class, but its in line with a 4.5 star US hotel in my experience. The physical planet is slightly older, but the pool, spa and rooptop bar are all great in my opinion. Go in with reasonable expectations and I think you will be pleased.

All that said, the DSU shenanigans really piss me off. There is no difference in the Park and Grand Executive Suite. The website uses the exact same photos and the descriptions are word-for-word. At least put in some effort and change the description if you are going to screw over diamonds. I'm staying here again in April and it just gives the stay a negative start.