FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:04 pm
LaphroaigAndRibeye

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Crowne Plaza Fira Center Barcelona

Crowne Plaza Fire CenterBarcelona

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yep!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked a Deluxe room (I think this is their lowest, base level) and was upgraded to a Two Bed Suite (their highest level, I think, without being a club room.) Prices at 67% more expensive; nice!

How are the rooms?
The suite was very nice; very spacious, cool balcony, couldn't have been nicer.

How is the exec. lounge?
Fantastic. Huge lounge. Soft drinks + alcohol available all day. Very plentiful breakfast buffet. Evening canapes are pretty filling; some variety from day-to-day, but wish the signage was better.

What was good and what was bad?
Great location. I don't love that they won't provide free lounge access to Spire members like some other CPs do; it was 20 EUR/person, a little less than the normal 25 EUR/person rate for non-elite. But the lounge is great; honestly, it's still definitely worth paying the money for in my opinion.

BAD: Their food logistics on New Year's Eve were nightmarish. With no prior warning to guests (or even the staff), management had all the menus in the hotel swapped out with more limited menus and prices that were 2x higher. The restaurant was fully booked up, the bar would only serve $28 USD hamburgers and other stuff from this limited menu, and even standard room service was not available. It took an angry crowd of guests forming at the front desk before the F&B manager agreed to make the standard room service available; that was pretty ridiculous.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Hell yes. Even at 2 weeks in advance for 4 nights over NYE weekend, I got a quote through Citi Prestige Concierge for 800 EUR / $879.40 USD on the Deluxe room. My 4th night rebate was 244.71 EUR / $269 USD. And we were upgraded to that awesome Suite. So, total paid was 555 EUR / 599.06 USD, or about $149.76 USD/night (not including lounge access).

Do it!