FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:52 pm
elhefe4

Complimentary Upgrade on Full Y-class Fares?

I am gold with AA and I have several flights coming up that are on full Y-class fares. When I view the itineraries on AA's website, they only offer me the ability to upgrade using stickers. I submitted this question to their customer service email (including a link to this website: https://www.aa.com/i18n/information/...efinitions.jsp) and I received a call back from a CSR today. She told me that I can only upgrade using stickers so I pointed her toward that page on their website and asked why it said they allow "complimentary" upgrades.

She spoke with her supervisor who confirmed that I can only upgrade using stickers and that page on their website is "phrased poorly" so she can "understand how [I] might read it that way." She said she was going to submit a ticket to her boss to have someone clarify the wording on that page, but I swear I've heard of people upgrading Y-fares to the next class of service without using stickers. Am I off base or are she and her supervisor wrong?