FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Here Active Listening
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:36 pm
CPRich
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Delayed a day, but now confirmed delivered at my door, so I'll find out tonight.

As I found I was somehow in the first round of product, I read up a little more on my impulse buy from a while back. My current thinking is that they are basically an in-ear equalizer, processing outside sounds before they hit your eardrum. You manage the various DSP settings from your phone that talks through BT to the devices. I don't think they are actually "headphones" - you don't conduct phone calls, listen to music, etc., through them from your phone - simply a flexible, digital filter to the outside world.

I would assume this includes active NC capability, with the ability to shape the NC curve to different sounds, frequencies, etc. Whether they have an external microphone to do this is an open question. It says it can cancel out a crying baby, which is obviously different than jet noise in a plane. It would need to have an external monitor to do this, unless it has a pre-defined "baby" filter that applies universally.