FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BKK - questions on intl -domestic and domestic-intl TG connections BKK?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:39 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
This is an unusual model. In North America, there is no passport control when one leaves USA, Canada (and Mexico). So one can have both domestic and international passengers on a domestic flight - without any such stamp.

In the EU, one goes through passport control at the point of departure - so if one is going on a domestic flight connecting to an international flight, the passenger will go through passport control at the connection city.

One does not have to go through security twice, in either of the above 2 scenarios - but just in the city of the originating domestic flight.
Last time I checked Thailand was neither in the US nor Europe. You're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

The system has been explained to you; that is how it works.

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
We are Star Alliance Gold and we will fly in business class.

Are there separate lines for incoming or outgoing immigration/passport control or security - for such passengers?
If you're flying TG, and I assume you are because this is the TG forum, then BinSabia's info is spot on. If you're flying another airline then it depends upon the airline.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
BKK departure: fast track for security and immigration
BKK arrival: fast track for immigration
BKK transit: no fast track for immigration and security
at other airports like HKT or CNX no fast track
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
Ah, so that's what CIQ comes into play, was wondering what that meant on BKK's airport site

I'm flyingt CNX-BKK (TG Paid Y) then connecting to BKK-SIN-DPS (SQ Award J). I guess my determination to use CIQ or not would be determined if TG interlines the baggage right to DPS. Given that they're both *A I would hope this is not an issue
No issue at all as the erstwhile BinSabia has already stated.