FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (consolidated)
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:45 pm
ACA321

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TSparky
EXP reserving 4-6 weeks in advance. This year I've been running about 10% on mainline and 90% on Regional. Main is LAX to CLT or DFW. The exception was ONT to DFW (75%) but every flight (4) missed the connection and I was stranded overnight twice. I'm sitting in CLT again after missing my connection - 5 times in 8 flights and 2 of the 3 that had no issues were code share on AS. I left UA 2 years ago because they kept messing up my flights. Everything has been good until the last 2 months and it's just gone in the crapper.
How long are the connections you are booking? Unless something is going majorly wonky with equipment or weather, it sounds like you may want to start booking longer layovers, if possible...I typically don't book connections under two hours whenever possible, and use the extra time to catch up on work in the club. Haven't missed a connection in a long time, even with delays. This has ensured I keep my upgrades or originally selected seats more often than not.