FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carryons
Thread: Carryons
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:12 am
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Katy_L:
OK you business travellers (of which I am one): What gives you the right to take up so much space in the overhead bin?

I am sick and tired, sick and TIRED!!! of waiting forever to board and forever to deplane because every one of you has to carry on a wheeled bag plus a laptop. Check something already!

I have the same rant for leisure travellers, too. Have you all forgotten that the original purpose of the overhead bin was for coats?
</font>
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I only check bags containing things I can do without for several days. When traveling on business, nothing I bring fits that description.

So when you see me - I'll have my Samsonite Silhouette 5 and a laptop bag. I'm checking neither, since the trip would be pointless without the items in each. I'm probably sitting in F on an AA plane where the bag went into the bin wheels first, and my laptop bag is usually at my feet.

When on holiday with the family - I always check bags. And ya know what? Invariably, one or more bags misconnects and is "lost" for a day or more. Were that to happen on a business trip - then I might as well have stayed home.