FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheap (Nice) Hotels in Bali
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:20 pm
workin_it

Thanks for the information...much appreciated.

With all due respect, why would you assume I would be traveling to Bali (or anywhere) with the intention of taking advantage of poeple? I'm guessing it was a simply a well-intentioned reminder, but at first glance I had to wonder what had caused you to feel this was in order. If anything in my post suggested otherwise, please be assured that my intention is simply to go and enjoy a beautiful place and its people...and to do it on my limited budget.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brj8826:
There are too many to name. Every hotel there is cheap relative to the quality and service.

If you have loyality to a particular brand of hotel, chances are they have a location in Nusa Dua. Starwood has two properties there that are amazing.

The Ritz in Jimbaran can be had for ~$100 a night.

If you are looking for more local flavor, stay in Ubud. Book a few days at a hotel in Nusa, then go exploring around to find a local hotel. Expect to spend about $50 for great accomodations with full bath, etc.

I hope you don't mean to take advantage of the wonderful people in Bali.

Think about it when you are haggling between $1 and $1.50 for a t-shirt. They need to money alot more than you do.
</font>