FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:16 am
jerryhung

Originally Posted by heraclitus
^^

Awesome, good to know... thank you for that tidbit. I'm not a hardcore AM collector but if I can get the 3K welcome bonus (or something similarly generous) then I might take the offer given that I will need a BMO MC anyway to get the 25% booking discount. I just cancelled my World Elite so I might wait 6-12 months before going for the Air Miles World Elite.

On the product transfer thing, my wife had the regular BMO MC (the $99 one, can't recall the exact name) and she was given an offer by postal mail of 1K AMs after spending $3,000 in 3 months to upgrade to the BMO World Elite MC for $120. I suggested that she take it as we have more AM bookings in our near future, but that she try to convince them to give her 3K AMs instead (which is the offer for new signups). They refused, but we took the deal anyway as the alternative was to keep the $99 card with no bonus. So if you consider that a bonus on a product transfer, then it is possible.
As a BMO shareholder, I'm happy to hear that

Otherwise, there are easier ways to get AM unless you already own the AMEX Air Miles Platinum (2000 AM after $500 spending, FYF) + $30 GCR cashback