FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kebab, Kalamari & Koshary [EY Y, A3 Y & J]
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:59 am
chongsss

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
Kebab, Kalamari & Koshary [EY Y, A3 Y & J]

After looking through all the awesome trip reports from DanielW, I am inspired to document my trip to Turkey, Cyprus and Egypt in the same style.

Regretfully, my pictures are not as nice!

Day -2

A journey of a thousand miles begin with the first step.

Our first step was the coach to Malacca, two days before Chinese New Year. My grandmother still lives there and spending CNY at her place is a family tradition.

An hour’s wait before Malaysia allowed us in but we counted ourselves lucky to reach our destination in around 6 hours despite the heavy traffic.

My parents took 12 hours to cover the 200+ KM between Singapore and Malacca in their car. A new record.

Day 0

After all the usual feasting and meeting up with relatives, we headed to KUL, the nearest international airport with Transnasional.

Bad traffic meant that the usual 2.5-hour journey became a 4-hour one and we decided to scupper our plan to visit Mitsui Outlet Park.

With our Freccia Alata status with Alitalia’s MilleMiglia, we bypassed the long economy queue and even managed to get our checked bag tagged as priority.

Perhaps due to the weakness of Malaysian currency, it cost us around ~480 USD for traveling from KUL to IST and then CAI to SIN on Etihad.

Chinese New Year décor at the KLIA Satellite Terminal.

While waiting for boarding, we had showers and supper at Plaza Premium Lounge, courtesy of the two complimentary Priority Pass entries offered by our credit cards.

Last edited by chongsss; Feb 29, 2016 at 9:11 am