FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceless Surprises Promotion
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:32 am
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
As of today, over 3000 replies, 280,000 views to this thread. From a sheer publicity standpoint, IHG would have to view this as a successful promotion.

Never mind that most of the posts were about kinks in the execution, mostly resolved in the past month. And never mind the eventual cost of delivering on these points, as it has attracted new paying hotel customers as well.

I would guess that they now think the model they have developed can be used in the future, and so they will do so, maybe with less-generous offers, but still hoping to use the publicity machine they have created.

As a side note, how many others have followed this thread nearly every day, and read (and not too embarrassed to admit) nearly every post on it?
I agree with you and not hte crowd that says they will never do this again. I am know purposely choosing IHG properties due to this promo and the credit card combination. I don't see how they lost here.

And yes, I think I have read every post and try to check i a couple times a day if I can.