FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50 minute connection at CDG - is this even possible?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:03 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Fernweh
Thanks Goldorak. Glad to hear it's feasible at least. Good to know we'll be rebooked if we miss the connection as well. Does that still apply if the flight is on time, but we miss the connection because security at CDG takes too long? I'm assuming we will have to go through security given that it's non-Schengen to Schengen.
Do NOT do it !!

A friend of mine just missed her flight today from FCO-CDG-MAN. Flight landed 10 minutes late so making her 65 min connection to 55 mins. That does not include the time it took the plane to taxi and park. Another few mins passed.. and then the very long walk from Terminal 2 F. Bottleneck at Terminal 2F to Baggage Reclaim and another to Flight Connections. Chaos towards Terminal 2E. Arrived at gate where her plane is parked at the furthest gate possible, to a non sympathetic gate agent who initially told her that she should pay for her next flight since she missed this flight because she was 'late' and she doesn't know how to read signage, its not the airline's fault.

AF eventually rebooked her on Flybe. Boarding pass issued. Then when she asked if her bags would be transferred, they said, of course. When at the gate, BE agent noted that her ticket was cancelled and then they issued her a new ticket. Guess what? Upon arrival - no baggage !

Filed report. BE agent in MAN said, of course, AF at CDG would say that. They always say that. BE agent said that her baggage would be delivered tomorrow.

Having transferred at CDG myself, I would give myself at least 120 mins for any transfers even within T2. Don't risk it.

I hate CDG airport. That and FCO airport. ScreamTeam really.