FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:06 pm
WHBM

Programs: BA
Right on, Here's the schedule:

DA 226 LGW-BFS 1515 - 1630 72S Operates: Friday only
Well, I was just stringing it out for effect ..... I'll be interested to know when it came back.

No. But was that the last domestic scheduled flight in the British Isles that required a flight engineer and a 3-man crew ? No, there was one other route that continued so, for quite some years afterwards. So, bonus question, which service was that.

Let's see if we can help wrap up some of these others.

88. It's 1983 and you are in Fairbanks, Alaska and need to fly across the border to Whitehorse in Canada’s Yukon Territory. Four years earlier, yours truly flew this route aboard a Wien 737-200. How times have changed! These days a different airline offers a single daily nonstop between FAI and YXY. Identify the airline and the aircraft used.
PARTIALLY ANSWEREDAir North has been identified as the airline of record. Now all we need is the aircraft type. It wasn't a DC-3, a DC4, an HS-748 or a Beech 99 See post #8475
This one's been bugging me. Was it an F-27 ?

67. (1987) All but two of the multitude of flights being operated between New York JFK/EWR and London by nine different airlines are operated with 747s. Identify the other two aircraft types you’ll find on this route and which airline(s) operated them.
HINT: One of the aircraft was an L-1011
The L1011 and ... Concorde. And were they both operated by BA ? They had a habit of slipping Tristars in to an otherwise all-747 schedule.

66. (1987) Identify the four airlines that operated nonstop 747 flights between Miami and London
PARTIALLY ANSWEREDPA, BA and VS have been identified. We're looking for just one more airline...
This route went through a range of secondary US airlines in the late 1980s, after Air Florida went under, none with much success (note there's still just one US carrier on the route today). One with a 747... Was it when Continental were having a go at it ?