FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unrefunded fees & taxes: procedures, chargeback, small claims court?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:50 am
happyharrys

Unrefunded fees & taxes: procedures, chargeback, small claims court?

I used my advantage miles to book an itinerary flying to Indonesia from LAX and back. On Nov 18th I was charged $136x2 = $272 in taxes and fees plus the miles.
Then on 9th Dec I changed the ticket to a one with fewer stops on the return leg. On 18th Dec I upgraded my outbound leg to business class and the tickets were reissued. I was charged $83.7x2 = $167.4 again in new taxes and fees and was told that I would be refunded for my previous charges.

Although the miles were reinstated immediately the $272 in taxes and fees has still not been refunded. I have called/emailed/faxed customer service several times and still haven't heard back from anyone from refunds department.

Its been two months since I have been pursuing this. The customer service(via email or phone) says that this is in hands of refunds department who can only be contacted via fax or mail. But those guys never ever respond.

So should I just go to small claims court ? Will that help ? Who should be the party (name & address) that I should be suing for this ?