FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:56 am
IADFlyer123

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by river_rower
I had a better experience this last trip using this process, than what I went through last year.

I flew SEA-FRA-BOM then MAA-FRA-SEA return. I purchased on UA.com using UA codeshare flights. Called the MP desk, did the flight change on the outbound to LH numbers but everything was still on 016 paper. Upgrade cleared immediately on outbound first leg (that's all I wanted). About a week before the flight I got the red "call UA to have ticket reissued" which concerned me. I did, it took 30 minutes, but everything was fine, all still on 016.

I could not OLCI. Got to Seattle, checked in at the front counter, no hiccups. Great flight on a newly configured -800, great AV.^

The rest of the trip went smoothly- I purchased a Premium Economy seat in FRA for the next leg- 300 euros, well worth it for a 9 hour flight. Coming back I did the same thing for the first legg out of MAA, only then it was only US$200, again, well worth it.

The best part were the PQDs and PQMs all posted within 48 hours of the flight, no more hassling with MP.

All in all a very pleasant trip. Oh, and no delays...^
In regards to the MAA-FRA leg, you mentioned that purchased prem Eco on LH. Did you do that on phone or airport?