FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:34 pm
Iamhappy

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by :D!
Nobody seems to have posted about an actual experience in the No. 1 Traveller lounge.

I was in CX Y with BA status. At check-in I received an invite to this lounge printed on boarding pass stock. On entry the staff replaced my invite with a CX "coupon" for food and drink, which appears to be completely useless since you can order one free dish without showing anything.

The lounge was very crowded and there were very few staff free. I eventually managed to order my free dish but it had not arrived after 45 minutes, so I tried to cancel it (but failed) and went to board my flight.

There is a basic buffet with salads, breads, soup and cakes.

Depending on where you are in the lounge, the wifi signal from the BA lounge may be stronger, and it was also faster. If you know the BA password you might as well use that.

There were 2 staff in CX uniform who seemed to be serving specific passengers from the buffet, despite them being perfectly capable of getting up themselves. Perhaps these were F pax.
Just to add my 2 cents, the free dish which one can order from the bar wasn't anything to write home about. The only good thing I found was the good water pressure in the showers.

Originally Posted by phol
I was in there a month ago. 2 CX staff greeting passengers, but that was it. No vouchers being given out, but as you say the food is free anyway and i had no such issues with speed of service.

The lounge itself was absolutely rammed and not helped by many areas being roped off as 'reserved for a group'. After a while passengers were cottoning on that they were not really reserved at all and using them anyway.

It would be fine if it wasn't so busy, but next time out of LHR I'll go elsewhere.
Not sure why many areas of the lounge were roped off, and when I enquired about where my wife can breast-feed our new-born baby, the 1st member of staff wasn't able to find anywhere suitable (or with adequate privacy), and then the 2nd member of staff found a section of the lounge (furthest away from the entrance - with no chairs/sofas) which was roped off and said she can breast-feed there but can't stay there (persumably after she has finished).

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
CX seems to be handling the situation very well,while their lounge is being upgraded. Compare that to BA at Gatwick.
I would give my overall experience at the No.1 Traveller Lounge a '5'. It provides the essential items, but I don't think the existing space and staff are capable of handling the volume of passengers when the CX lounge is being renovated.

Last edited by Iamhappy; Feb 25, 2016 at 11:38 pm Reason: Wording