FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Marriott have a policy regarding walking guests?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:28 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Does Marriott have a policy regarding walking guests?

I had a reservation at a Marriott-branded hotel for one night. I arrived around 8 PM to check in and was told that the hotel was oversold and was given a walk letter along with directions to the hotel I was supposed to go to. The night's stay was paid for. My frustration with being walked was because I had signed up for a promotion that would have given me a free night after this stay, and I obviously got no credit for a night's stay after this. Of course, this was, effectively, a free stay, but not the free stay I was looking for.

I am curious if Marriott has a policy as to how to handle walking guests when it comes to what is normally covered. I have read before in other threads that sometimes, a taxi ride is offered (it was not for me). I assume it is standard to pay for the night's stay. But what about in terms of points and promotions such as in this case?

Thanks for the input.