FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card - Just Closed - No Reason Given
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:12 pm
Sup3r52man

Originally Posted by Walter Mitty
any update?
After about a dozen written letters to the office of the president of citicards (that's the only option they gave me for communication as no one on the phone line was able to "see" anything) I gave up on the battle in November. I never MS'. I did churn the Citi exec when the 100,000 offer was around. Apparent culprit was a item dispute I made for a small amount, under $20 I believe that triggered a manual look into my account (all my speculation) that maybe they saw I was costing them more money than they were making so they pulled the plug on me. I did call annually to take advantage of a retention offer, i.e. Fee waived and double miles. None of this they will confirm in any of the letters they wrote. All the letters were pretty form with the same verbiage that they have decided to no longer honor the credit card agreement. I asked in letter form if this meant I was blacklisted or if I will ever be able to apply for a Citi product again....no response to that question.