FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Program Year Elite Status Buyback / Renew / Boost (consolidated)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 1:54 pm
sidorg222

Here's what the T&C says. "You must pay the renewal fee, in addition to any applicable taxes and credit card processing fees, in full by July 31, 2016, unless otherwise stated. Elite status offers obtained through this program will not be authorized retroactively if payment is not completed before the Member's current status expires."

So, correct, you have until July 31, 2016 to renew it. But it also seems to say that you also have to have a current status, or the elite status offer will not be authorized retroactively.

Has anyone waited until July 31st, and had an expired elite status, and had the offer go through with no issues?

In my case, it says I can upgrade to Gold for $649 or Plat for $1199. And on the FAQ's, it does say that if I upgrade to Gold, and later change my mind and want to upgrade to Plat, I can do that. So, perhaps that last bit really means is that you have to upgrade to at least Gold before end of Feb 2016. And then you have until July 31, 2016 to upgrade to Plat if you so desire.

Originally Posted by MADPhil
The T&C are here: https://elite2016.aa.com/terms.cfm

I think that you actually have until July 31 on re-reading them. They speak somewhat ambiguously of the end of February but I think that just means that the qualifying status is that which you hold through then.