FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector (open Feb 2016)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:38 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Microwave
Better late than never, I suppose. Here are some pictures I took.
  • The first picture shows the perspective one would see immediately after turning right after baggage recheck (assuming you're clearing immigration and customs at TBIT) -or- the perspective one would see entering the terminal having been dropped off at TBIT at the arrivals level kerb and entering the building at the far end near the Shuttle Express stand and turning left.
  • This picture thus faces roughly south:

• I've aded a green arrow to show where one would be arriving from (kerb or bag recheck) and where to go.
  • Follow the arrow to the brightly lit corridor through the door, where you'll be taken here (this picture also faces roughly south):

• Once here, follow the green arrow left; also notice the overhead sign showing "Gates 40-159".
  • In this next picture I've shot the TSA security area after I've cleared security, so now I'm facing back toward the way we came.
  • This picture is thus facing north:

I've added green arrows to show the passenger flow. One would enter the security area from the corridor in the 2nd picture (you can see some of the security gear in that pic), pass along the back of the room through the tensa barriers to the ID check. From there, proceed through security and follow signs to the lift, up to level 5, where you can turn left to get to T4 and right to get to TBIT (immediately adjacent to the QF F lounge entrance). I didn't take pictures of this as by the time someone had got this far there would be signs showing where to go (and nowhere else really to get lost). Enjoy!

It's open!

For airside pedestrian traffic between Terminal 4 and TBIT, it's now open.

Not open yet are the baggage processing facility and international arrivals security processing facility discussed in the wikipost.

It's not known how this might affect:

8:30 - 10:30 T-4 to TBIT shuttle for departing international oneworld passengers.

15:30 shuttle bus for departing passengers when AA 108 is operated out of TBIT.

16:00 and after shuttles for TBIT departing Qantas flyers.

IceTrojan states farther on the termination date for these shuttles has not been announced.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 29, 2016 at 10:06 pm Reason: Update