FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:44 am
JAXBA

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by cynicalmoose
Agreed, but the devil is in the details. E.g. if arguendo B, H and K are semi-flex booking classes, will the same day flight change on a K fare allow you to move to a flight with Y4 B2 H0 K0 M0 L0 on the morning you want to make the change?
Originally Posted by 710 77345
This is not rocket science. If Y has 1 seat and the plane leaves more than an hour away, then yes of course you can change.
Just re-read the OP and the Speedbird Club PDF. I AM surprised. Wow.

...upon payment of the fare difference.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I would be VERY surprised if BA were to move to same day changes without collecting any fare difference. Not collecting a change fee is a big policy change for BA in itself. The comms still mention fare difference applies for any changes, I really wouldn't be expecting the fare diff to also be waived when changing to a more popular flight, just because I was changing from semi-flex M to semi-flex K (or whatever). There are different letter booking codes for a reason - to be able to have multiple price points.

Last edited by JAXBA; Feb 25, 2016 at 12:16 pm Reason: I had read the OP but missed the SDC part!