FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm flying Virgin and giving my velocity account pts, so will AB gold get in lounge?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:30 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
I assumed, as a OWE (before I had EY status), that I would be allowed access to a lounge in AUH on AB (marketed & operated). On several occasions I was told to go fish. That is petty!
May I ask which lounge you tried, and which oneworld emerald status you have/had?

As AB contracts the Al Reem lounge there - which is not a oneworld lounge - any oneworld status other than in Topbonus would be meaningless.

Did you try accessing whichever lounge the airline you held status with contracts in AUH?

(If you held status with topbonus, and your flight was an Airberlin or Etihad flight with either an AB or EY flightcode, then you should have been welcomed into the Al Reem lounge. I have done this many times, back when I relied on my topbonus status, travelling on AB or EY tickets. Note that, in its home base, the Etihad lounges are off limit to all status customers (except for Etihad's top-tier Platinum level). The Etihad lounges in AUH require you to be travelling in First or Business Class and the only status that matters there is Etihad Guest Platinum. Etihad Gold and Silver status holders in Economy are directed to the Al Reem lounge, too).