FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Fight Against Cancer - Paris and London Marathons
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:33 am
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
A long overdue update!

Hi all!

Wow! With just under 60 days to go, I realized I'm loooooong overdue for an update!

I'm approaching the halfway point! With £630.35 raised towards my £1500 goal!

For those close to me affected by cancer, one is approaching his one year anniversary since being officially in remission and another is getting a much needed break from chemo.

Sooooo....how's it going? It's been a tough training cycle. I'm still plagued with tennis elbow; it began last June in the right arm. The right arm is doing better, the left arm has started in recent weeks. It seems absurd but it really does affect running.

For 2016, I've run a couple of races - a 10k in London last month and the Austin Half Marathon in mid-Feb. Austin was a mess for a a number of reasons but I figure it keeps me humble in training. The Cambridge (UK) Half is this coming weekend and I'm hoping it goes better. My brain has not been "in it" after Austin....time to get that back.

A few pics from recent events:

After the Cancer Research Winter 10k in London:

Fighting it out in Austin...no left turn for me that day...

And a nice sunset run this past week...which my brain needed...

Yes, I am one of "those" people who takes pics of all sorts of things when out on a run!

Thank you for your continued support and keeping track of my craziness.