FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding door closed and seat given away 25 mins before departure. Any recourse?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:27 pm
flyersky1

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
I was wondering myself if this is possible. As I said before at no point during our communication UA CS said that they reviewed the time stamp. Neither did DOT. There are three possibilities. 1) UA CS saw the correct time stamp but the GA told them I was there late anyway so they are just relying on that. 2) They didn't bother to review the time stamp. 3) The GAs fixed it.

The evidence for #3 is that the male GA spent more than 20 mins typing on the computer and chatting with the female GA, while I was waiting. As I mentioned upthread, after the officer went to check the tsa evidence, the male GA asked me if I called UA to report the incident. I said yes, and even showed him my phone with the time of the call (8:06pm). He looked at it, frowned and told me to have a seat and continued to type. They were looking at me occasionally and chuckling. I even took a picture of them but of course that cannot prove anything.

The evidence against #3 is that if the time stamp was changed and UA CS saw it they would have referred to it. They didn't.

If they changed the time stamp then how can anyone prove that they did. Even if the evidence is requested in SCC then they will show the doctored record. I don't believe that they did but anything is possible.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether there's any way the GA could have "fixed" the electronic record to avoid getting in trouble. Perhaps while the OP was speaking with the apparent supervisor at the airport when the GA disappeared, she did something in the computer to make it look like she had given away the OP's seat at the appropriate time and then closed the flight when it wasn't too early to do so. I find it odd that UA told DOT that the OP was late without lifting a finger to verify this beyond asking employees at the outstation.
Originally Posted by transportbiz
That is another suspicion we all have, of course if there is evidence of this, United could be subjected to a serious fine as it could be considered a fraudulent report to the DOT.