FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching from AC to UA
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:51 am
Jumper Jack

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hmmmm... Yet you claim Air Canada needs all those customers buying Tango fares while at the same time suggesting they should be fired.
I have to say, I agree with what you have said.
Air Canada needs Tango paying customers more than the Tango paying customers needs AC. Those planes will NOT be filled up by flex and up customers. Unless you are talking about a route from London City to NYC LMAO.

In a way the mentality that tango customers are subsidized by flex and up customers is wrong. Because those seats will be empty otherwise. There are still choices on TPAC such as EVA air routing through Taipei or DFW/LAX/ORD on to TATL even domestic wise there's still West Jet for medium haul and porter for short haul.

That said. AC still has the best hard product compare to West Jet for medium haul, you can fly on nice planes(except the HD)
Porter is perhaps the least discriminating and if they can get the CS100 going it would really change how I travel significantly.
Service wise is just extremely hit or miss with AC compared to Porter. I flew Porter a few times to realize hey you know what, this is nice and if they can fly to Vancouver with CS100s I don't see Why I should not be flying with them.

I want to give AC credit where credit is due.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 24, 2016 at 11:03 am