FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first BA mileage run. Help map my airport journeys
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:46 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by StarlightSusan
Is the T2 lounge the Gold Circle Lounge listed in the lounge data base? I ask because that lounge doesn't appear on the OW lounge finder. Also, I assume the Green and Blue circles on the lounge data base indicate OWE and OWS access?
It's a bit confusing, our lounge database refers to the BA flights from T1, the lounge is run by the airport authority, the DAA. The DAA also has a lounge in T2, quite similar, but in the OW lounge finder they seem to have been combined into one entry (well, I think it's confusing). T2 is right by the start of the 400 gates corridor, T1 is above main security. In terms of offering it's similar to the BA T1 lounge/the Dashboard. The Gold Circle lounges can't be used in this context. And yes you are right about the circles. Your business class ticket gives you entry anyway.

I'll aim to go through pre-clearance about 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
No sooner, I suggest. Despite the dire warnings, 60 minutes would be fine unless you see a lot of families going through (i.e. school holidays). They do start boarding 40 minutes or so before departure, normally.

The reference to the duty frees above: because of pre-clearance I was under the impression that duty free are taken to the gate, but I'm wondering if I'm getting confused with Vancouver or Nassau.