FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first BA mileage run. Help map my airport journeys
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:29 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by StarlightSusan
I assume the transfer route to T1 is signed differently than that for pax headed into Ireland.
Yes, it's signposted Naisc Eitilte / Flight Connections, with the Irish in green letters, English is white letters on brown/grey. Just make sure you heading for the T1 channel, which involves going leftwards when you get to the end of the corridor (and it starts looking complicated, which it isn't really). The T2 route is also right by there to give you a sneak preview of your next visit.

I won't be purchasing duty free for most of the journey, but is it an option prior to the final DUB-PHL flight? Also, since the DUB T2 lounge is landside will I have time for a visit?
Yes you can. I think duty free gets complicated given the route you are on. If you go down towards pre-clearance I'm not sure you can double back to the duty free shops, though I can't see anything that would stop you. You're also supposed to be at pre-clearance 2 hours before, which is admittedly overkill. I wouldn't try too hard on either account, for duty free there is a cut-off when the shop won't accept your purchase for the flight; there again there is nothing after pre-clearance other than a café or two.