FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first BA mileage run. Help map my airport journeys
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:18 am
StarlightSusan

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, MR Gold, AA Plat Pro, HH Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm assuming here you hold a passport from either the USA or Canada.
US Passport.

1a) You get into DUB Terminal 2 and there is a very easy transfer route to T1 (iIt's actually the same building really) with dedicated passports and then a dedicated security check.
I assume the transfer route to T1 is signed differently than that for pax headed into Ireland.

1b) You can and should get the BA boarding passes via BA.com or via the App before travel, so that's easy.
I'll be HBO and will print the passes at home prior to the first PHL-DUB flight.

2) You should not go Flight Connections, despite signs, video and any staff guidance. Just go landside to T5 main security South or North Fast Track. North is quicker, but further away. If you are late, however, and your onward flight is less than 45 minutes off, then go Flight Connections - this is because Flight Connections can have a shorter cut off point for making connections.
Thanks for the insider info.

4) This is actually a slight different procedure to point 1 since you're staying in T2 and there is pre-clearance. Basically follow the signs around to USA pre-clearance after arrival. You will then have a lightweight USA style security check and then USA passport entry check. I could spend a long time explaining the customs regulations, but basically don't take duty frees and you can ignore that aspect altogether. This only works due to you being hand baggage only. You have plenty of time, even if the inbound is late then so will the outbound.
I won't be purchasing duty free for most of the journey, but is it an option prior to the final DUB-PHL flight? Also, since the DUB T2 lounge is landside will I have time for a visit?

I hope you have a good trip and you tell us your impressions afterwards.
I will.