FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - McDonald's Menu Items from Around the World
Old Oct 28, 1999, 2:59 pm
Catman
Commander Catcop

Here's the scenerio: you pay several thousand dollars for air tickets, hotel reservations, etc, travel thousands of miles and what's the first thing you want to do???

GO TO MCDONALDS!!!!

I almost caused an international incident on a tour bus a few years ago in Vienna when the bus stopped at a light and this silly woman (who was the one who said loudly at the start of the tour in Budapest to her idiot husband "Isn't that so weird honey? that Man traveling alone? It's not normal.") Well Sister SIlly says "OH LET'S go to Mcdonald's!"

Remembering her insult from Budapest I said loud enough "If every restaurant and pastery place in Vienna burned to the ground and all that was left was McDonald's.. I would cross the border to Germany.""

Her husband called me Un American. I told the bus I am not American but International (someone who goes to different places and is determined to try the local cuisine and do the local scene.) Rudi is International. I think most of us are.

Silly Sister's Hubby (with a fine gutt from years of Big Mac) said nobody likes a smart (word for backside) and before it went further I just put on my shades and looked out the window.

They ended up stopping at McDonald's on the way back. I went across the street and find this little Vienne place and had interesting chicken in sauce (I ordered something that tasted like poultry in horrid German.)

But on the other side of the French Fry: Rick and I hit Hong Kong starving and Rick is very very finicky. he has a sensitve stomach and does not like strange cuisine. He wanted to go to Mcdonald's and me being the easy going friend went there. We had fish, and I liked the pineapple sundae.

But like WHEN I GO to Israel, I would want all the local cuisines (and ask stimpy where to go.)

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 10-28-1999).]