FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding door closed and seat given away 25 mins before departure. Any recourse?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:01 am
fastflyer

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by transportbiz
As to repossessing a plane, not going to happen, but for sure you can till-tap, but it'd never come to that, United would pay the judgment, if you get one. They'd have 30-days to pay, or appeal the judgment. Appeals in SC court are rare, and usually require proof a legal error in occurred.
20 years ago or so, I sued Citibank in Small Claims and won a treble-damage (there were quantifiable, actual damages) judgment. Citibank did not pay for many months, and so I had to proceed to get an arrest order issued in the jurisdiction, Suffolk County, Mass., which was enforceable on any officer of the corporation.

After a year, I saw in the Globe that one of their officers (COO, IIRC) was attending a golf tournament nearby with someone from State Street Bank, so I called the Sheriff of the county and got a named warrant on my previously issued arrest order, faxed it to Citi's legal department in NYC, and received an inbound wire transfer payment of the judgment in full within 20 minutes.