FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii honeymoon - where to stay?!?!
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:58 am
Matt Newman

Trooper

Originally Posted by Troopers
To the OP, I would figure out where on the two islands you want to visit. I wouldn't let the points drive where you stay...it is your honeymoon! If you're there primarily to burn points, that's a different approach. I've been to all the islands numerous of times, and have stayed in most of the main properties...give me some ideas of what you enjoy and your preferences, and I'll give you some suggestions.

Thanks, @Troopers. We are going to do the Fairmont for 4 of the nights to reduce the overall expense to us and we both really liked the hotel in Maui. For the other 5 nights, I agree, we shouldn't let points dictate since we have half the vacation paid for with resort fees.

We would be looking for a very well reviewed resort and a spectacular view. For activities, we really like to hike and clean open beaches are important to us. But the drinks from the hotels are also important. We also do not have unlimited funds so do not need to go as upscale as possible but we are very open to spending a good chunk of change for those 5 nights.

Thanks!