FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which countries have you traveled to where you felt the least safe in?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:35 am
Harcamone

26y female with 40 countries mostly solo 6/7 continents

Mumbai the other week was the first time I really felt unsafe, I like to see where people live when I'm in bigger cities so have inevitably wandered into some sketchy neighbourhoods, sometimes get lost and even followed but common sense takes over in these situations.

Mumbai was the worst, a conveniently broken lock in my room meant sleeping with one eye open making sure my makeshift barricade would repel staffs attempts to get in, when I would get out of there onto the street it wasn't any better, footpaths non existent, risking death to cross the road and constant hassling made me question a lot about tourism altogether. Soon as I got wifi I packed it in a booked a flight out of there.

Generally I have found areas around the lesser bus/train stations of cities to be most dodgy, Brussels being the most intimidating with many single men just loitering on the street, Dublin's connolly station isn't the most wholesome area likewise with the one at Tel Aviv I went through.